University of Virginia, BA
Robert D. Weinberg is an Associate at Gentile, Horoho & Avalli, P.C., and brings a distinguished career in family law to the firm.
Mr. Weinberg has exclusively practiced Family Law for the entirety of his 11 year career. Although he has a special interest and focus on high conflict child custody matters and children’s issues, Mr. Weinberg has substantial experience handling litigation, arbitration, appeals, mediation, and alternative dispute resolution approaches to complex family law issues including asset valuation and division, child support and alimony determinations, and domestic violence actions as well.
Mr. Weinberg moved to Pittsburgh in September 2015 when his wife, a pediatric cardiologist, took a position with Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. Prior to moving to Pittsburgh, Mr. Weinberg was a partner with a boutique family law firm in Chevy Chase, Maryland, where he represented many high net worth and high profile clients in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Mr. Weinberg was recognized as a Super Lawyer in 2016 by Super Lawyers magazine.
Associations and Affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association/ Family Law Section
- Allegheny County Bar Association/ Family Law Section
- Maryland Bar Association/ Family and Juvenile Law Section
- District of Columbia Bar Association/ Family Law Section
- Montgomery County, Maryland, Bar Association/ Family Law Section
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
Awards & Certifications:
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine (Washington, D.C.): 2016
- Recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine (Washington, D.C.): 2013-15
- Co-Chair, Family Law Section Programs Committee, Montgomery County, MD Bar Association: 2008-09 and 2014-15
- Family Law Section Co-Chair, Montgomery County, MD Bar Association: 2010-11
- Maryland Best Interest Attorney Certification Training, Easton, MD: January 29, 2008
- Trained in Collaborative Law, Annapolis, MD: 2007
- Attended two-day AFCC advanced parent coordination training, Dallas, TX: 2006