Modification of Custody

Home > Practice Areas > Child Custody > Modification of Custody

When circumstances change, child custody arrangements can become outdated or inappropriate. Changes can occur as children mature. Sometimes parents remarry and step-parents and step-siblings can change the dynamics in the household. When changes impact the best interests of the child, modifications to custody orders may sought from the court. To modify a custody order, a party must file a Petition for Modification. In many cases, parties are able to agree to changes in the custody arrangements. However, sometimes a parent must seek the court’s intervention. The attorneys at Gentile, Horoho & Avalli, P.C. have the have experience in both petitioning the court for a modification of custody and opposing modifications of custody and work through the best solutions for your child.